Saturday, May 8, 2010

Updates once again

Its been a while since I have written and updated the blog I know Sia has but I haven't. We are now in California living in Santa Maria and I work up at Vandenberg AFB with the drug demand reduction office until my class starts on the 19th of this month. I have been working with the drug demand reduction office for about a month and a half now. My job is to check people in when they come to do there drug testing AKA pee in a cup. Fortunately I don't have the job of observer which is left to others to handle and do. On the days when we aren't testing it is pretty boring and there is nothing to do but watch the TV that we have. One morning I had to get up at 3:30 to be there by 4:30 to do a unit sweep which is testing everybody on the base from a specific unit which takes a long time and is a lot of people doing that I just directed people to the table for others to check them in. On Tuesday is my PFA which we have been getting ready for. I really hope I do well. I did well on the practice one that we did during the transition meeting which is a meeting every Friday for those in transition jobs to give them updates on information for the weekend as well as to sign 29B forms the form we need to have signed if we plan on going out of town for the weekend so that they know where we are. I will only have one more meeting before my class starts then I don't have to go to them anymore because I wont be in a transition job. I am looking forward to class though I have heard that it can be tough which means a lot of paying attention and studying so it will be just like being in school again, which is sort of the point. Being in the Air Force has been a great thing up till now and am sure will continue to be I can't wait to see what else is going to come up and what it will be like. I will keep up better communication. Sorry for the long absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment